Directions for accessing and registering for the Breastfeeding Basics On-line independent study program:
1. Address: www.breastfeedingbasics.org (The DONA web site directly links you to it.)
2. Click on “Register” (top bar).
3. Pick a log-on and password. After you choose your ID and Password, print it and save it so you do not forget it! (The administrator will not be able to recover it for you.)
4. Answer the anonymous demographic questions.
5. When asked, “Are you doing this as part of a required course?” register for course “DONA International Doula Certification,” unless instructed otherwise by your postpartum doula trainer.
6. If you are taking this course for Postpartum Doula Certification, you will need to complete the course PRIOR to attending your workshop.
7. Click on the modules on the left bar to start completing the on-line course. You will need to complete all seven modules and take the pre- and post-test for each module.
8. You will have 120 days to complete the course from the day you register. You must obtain a score of at least a 75% on each individual module.
9. Your web browser will display your final scores; print this summary view for your records. Please note: Print your scores and have your scores e-mailed to you immediately upon finishing the post-test for your last module. Your information will not be available beyond 120 days after you are first registered.
10. When you have completed everything, return to the home page (top bar).
11. Click on “Register” (top bar), and then on “Students: Send your scores” (left side bar); enter your own e-mail address to have the score summary e-mailed to you.
12. Print that e-mail confirmation message with a summary of your scores and include it with your certification application. Postpartum doulas will also need to bring a copy of it to their postpartum doula workshop.
Last Updated: 03/31/10