Postpartum Doula Recertification
Postpartum Doula Active Status
Follow these steps to recertify as a DONA International postpartum doula with active status:
1. Maintain continuous membership in DONA International.
- Certified doulas must maintain continuous membership in DONA International.
- To verify that your membership is current, check the date that is printed in the upper right corner of your mailing label on the International Doula magazine.
- When applying for recertification, a certified doula whose membership has lapsed must pay reinstatement fees. Please see our Lapsed Membership Policy for details.
2. Work with a minimum of three postpartum clients and complete the DONA Doula Verification Form. Required documentation:
- Evaluations from three postpartum doula clients.
- Postpartum Doula Verification Form with both mother/partner signatures confirming a minimum of 8 hours working together.
3. Obtain a minimum of 18 contact hours of continuing education approved by a recognized organization in a birth and/or parenting related field. Submit all relevant paperwork. Alternatives to recognized continuing education may be acceptable.
4. By recertification date, complete and submit the DONA International Application/Affidavit for Doula Recertification form, which verifies that you have met all recertification requirements and all necessary documentation.
5. Submit your recertification fee to the DONA Certification Committee.
Postpartum Recertification Forms