We invite you to become part of the largest and longest-standing professional network of certified doulas in the world.
DONA International is a registered nonprofit organization with a professional management team located in our home office in Chicago, Illinois, US.
Our members are the heart of DONA International. Your investment of time and resources means that together we can continue to advance this rapidly growing profession. Together we are improving birth and postpartum experiences for so many families! Our promise to you is that every membership dollar goes toward creating a thriving organization that benefits you and the entire doula profession. We don’t profit from your membership investment- you do.
The DONA International name bonds us together, and it also opens up a wide variety of professional opportunities for our members. Birth professionals, medical providers and families all recognize and trust DONA International.
We’d love to welcome you into the professional membership of DONA International! Membership fee $100* per year. *DONA International utilizes the International Fee Group Index- based on The World Bank classification of gross national income. Find the DONA International fee schedule here and the group index list by country here.
Benefits of DONA International Membership
- Affiliation with the world’s largest and most respected doula organization
- Member only access to DONA Connect
- Our quarterly trade publication, the International Doula
- Advocacy efforts to advance and expand accessibility to doulas and the doula profession
- Discounts for our annual conference, including continuing education to help you grow your business
- Discounts for DONA products
- Discounts for doula liability insurance with CM&F(US) and Prolink (Canada) (member login for details)
- Discounts with Office Depot/Office Max for your business supply needs (US Members)
- Discounts with Staples (US, Canada and International members)
- Discounts with organizations and services to benefit the doula or doulas’ clients
- Access to DONA logo (DONA Certified doulas only)
- Access to mentoring and professional networking opportunities
- Leadership opportunities in our field to help steet the DONA brand
- Voting priviledge for the Board of Directors
- Educational opportunities at Member Meetups, our annual Summit and on DONA Elevate
- Networking and Mentoring opportunities at Member Meetings and on DONA Connect
- Knowing that your membership helps DONA have a greater impact on the industry and you have a voice in that
- Participation in the advocacy efforts of DONA to advance and expand accessinility to doulas and the doula profession
- Discounts for InJoy Health Education products and SupportHer: Universal Womens Network
Join the Conversation!
The DONA Connect website is a dynamic member-only community for networking, collaboration, skill building, and general communication.
Members utilizing DONA Connect are able to:
- Participate in topic-based discussions, ask questions of colleagues, and share information
- Privately and securely connect with other members, leaders, and staff of DONA International
- Personalize their profile and increase their contacts in the field
- Access recent announcements, files, links, and helpful information
- Build community and collaborate with colleagues
Want to stay up to date with your learning?
The International Doula magazine, an exclusive member benefit, is mailed directly to your home quarterly. The magazine includes educational articles to further your doula career, helpful tips from fellow doulas, and updates from our DONA International president! Members share that they LOVE the International Doula magazine!
All DONA International members have access to previous issues of The International Doula Magazine in our member portal.
Your doula business has needs.
DONA International is excited to announce our partnership with Office Depot/Office Max to provide our members with deep discounts on office supplies for their doula businesses. We have worked with Office Depot to select specific products that align with the role of a birth worker. Log in to your member portal (or join DONA) to get your discount card or link to online discount site.
*Only available for US members at this time, we are working on International options moving forward.
DONA Document Library
The DONA International resource/document library is filled useful items to help you along the way. Download forms, read recent press releases/position papers, and find links to additional member resources all in one place. Visit Resource Library
DONA International Merchandise
DONA International is pleased to offer DONA branded merchandise to our community. Visit the merchandise shop in the DONA Boutique to see the currently available merchandise and check back often for newly added products, sales, and offers.