In just a few weeks, the DONA International Annual Conference: ENGAGE will take place near Seattle, WA. Here are 10 reasons you should be at #DONA16!
1. Learn new skills and evidence based information. Continuing to grow your skillset and stay up-to-date on the latest research in the maternity care field is critical for growth as birth and postpartum professionals. This year’s conference provides 7 general sessions and 24 concurrent sessions with leaders in the field plus 3 pre-conference sessions. It’s an all-star line-up you won’t want to miss!
2. Build your practice. The 2016 conference includes sessions on how you can better engage in building your doula practice including practice models, systems and tools to streamline the business aspects of your practice and marketing to reach your ideal clients. However you want to approach building your practice, we’ll have sessions that support your goals.
3. Meet re-certification requirements. Maintaining your doula certification demonstrates commitment and furthers the idea of doula support as a legitimate profession to be respected by families and care providers. While there are a number of ways to earn this continuing education contact hours none are as are engaging and fun as the annual conference!
4. Expand your network. Connect with doulas from around the world to learn from and support each other. The work we do is challenging! While each area is unique, many of the challenges of creating a sustainable practice, attracting ideal clients, meeting changing client needs, educating the community about doula support and building relationships with care providers are universal. Learn from those who have been in the field for years as well as those who have newer and have fresh ideas and perspective.
5. Meet your DONA International founders and Board members in-person. The annual conference provides a unique opportunity for members across the globe to meet and talk with those who founded not only DONA International, but the profession. Breaks and meals are a great time to get to know your Board of Directors personally.
6. Learn about the future of DONA International. The annual member meeting at the conference will be very special this year as we celebrate the future of our organization to better meet your needs and uphold the standards DONA International has set for the profession. Find about the member survey results and be the first to hear some exciting announcements. Come find out what’s next for the world’s largest and longest-standing, premier doula organization!
7. Be inspired! Between the great sessions, networking with speakers, founders, Board members and attendees the conference is a wealth of inspiration. How will you grow as a doula? How will you better meet the needs of your clients and community? What ideas, resources, tools and skills will you take back to your doula work so that you can have more impact and meet your professional goals? The sky is the limit on what you can achieve and who you can touch! Be prepared to leave energized and ready to take expand your work in birth and postpartum support.
8. Return to our Seattle area roots. Let’s face it, conference aren’t just all work, there’s lot of play too! Celebrating the future of DONA International where the organization started has a lot of members really excited. The area has a lot to offer from the Bellevue Arts Museum to Pike Place, the Space Needle and beautiful scenery.
9. Stock your library and toolkit. The annual conference always includes an exhibitor area to discover books, tools and other resources hand selected specifically for doulas. This year we’re also adding a silent auction you won’t want to miss!
10. Invest in yourself. As doulas we givers, the annual conference is an important opportunity to invest in yourself as a birth and/or postpartum support professional for renewal, skill building, networking and time to focus on your practice. When you purchase your conference ticket, you are investing in your own growth as a professional. 2016 is the first in-person conference created just for DONA International members in four years. You don’t want to miss this chance to devote this time and energy to yourself.
See the full agenda with sessions and speaker bios at http://donaconference.com/. Early bird registration ends soon! Get your ticket before the price increases!