Recently, The DONA Doula Chronicles shared some ways to stay up-to-date on research and information for doulas. One of the absolute best ways to get the latest information in pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and the postpartum period is DONA International’s Annual Conference. This year it will be a virtual event with sessions available beginning August 7th. It’s not too late to register! Not sure if you should attend? We bring you:
The Top Ten Reasons to Attend the 2015 Virtual Conference
1) You can attend in your pajamas. The Virtual Conference is the ultimate come as you are experience!
2) Get doula focused education from leading researchers and practitioners in the birth community. DONA International conferences are created specifically to support the unique role that doulas play in the birth and postpartum experience. Topics and speakers are selected that provide valuable information and resources for labor support and postpartum support professionals.
3) This is a great introduction to online training for those who are new to this learning format. The conference website is easy to use and there is no software to download.
4) No worrying about missing a birth to attend a training with this online conference. The sessions will be waiting for you on the conference website when you return from supporting that new family.
5) Rewatch sessions again and again for three months. Because all of the conference sessions are recorded, the ideas and insights can be paused while you take notes or reviewed to make sure you don’t miss a thing.
6) You can say Penny Simkin, Walker Kaarra, Amy Gilliland and other birth experts were in your living room (no cleaning required).
7) Attend all of the sessions and you’ll have more than the required continuing education contact hours for recertification.
8) The Virtual Conference is the most cost effective way to access this level of training. No travel or hotel expenses, but the same evidence based information you’ve come to expect from DONA International.
9) If you miss this one, you’ll have to wait a whole year for the next DONA International conference!
10) No choosing between sessions offered at the same time. The most difficult part of attending an in-person DONA International conference is deciding which concurrent sessions to attend! With the virtual conference you can attend all the sessions you are interested in, on your own time and at your own pace.
We received great feedback from the 2013 virtual conference and are excited to offer this experience again this year. As always, DONA International members receive a discounted registration for the Annual Conference. Registration will remain open until November 7th but there’s no time like the present for expanding your knowledge and skills!