Are you ready to get involved in DONA International? Would you like to put your skills to great use and get to know some amazing doulas from around the world? We’d love to welcome you as a DONA leader.
DONA has an amazing professional staff who keeps the day-to-day operations running at our home office in Chicago. As a worldwide membership organization, we also have a wide variety of ways for you to contribute and have an even larger voice in our leadership. What are you waiting for? It’s time to make a difference!
Committee Volunteer Positions and Contacts
There are several committees that routinely need volunteer support. We’d love to consider you for a spot on one of them! See committee opportunities and contact info below.
- Nominations and Election Committee: Email Nominations Chair
- Certification Committee (packet reviewers- stipend available): Email Certification Director
- Publications Committee (editorial positions and foreign language translators): Email Publications Director
- Advocacy Committee (advocating for maternal health, for the role of the doula, and for the doula as a profession, and more): Email Advocacy Chair
- Other various committees (social media, website, merchandise, webinars, etc): Email Public Relations Director
SPARS – State/Provincial/Area Representatives (3 year term)
Becoming a SPAR is a great way to jump into volunteering with DONA International. You’ll serve as an important link between our international organization and the members in your state, province or area. SPARS connect, support and inspire their fellow doulas.
The following SPAR positions are currently open in Canada:
Newfoundland/Labrador, Northwest Territory, Ontario, Quebec, Yukon Territory
The following states in the U.S. currently have SPAR openings:
Arkansas, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, West Virginia
Contact your Regional Director for more information.
Board of Directors
Members of DONA International’s Board of Directors set the strategic vision for the organization. They support the professional management staff by overseeing special projects.
Elections for the following Board of Director positions will be held this fall. Nominations are currently closed for these positions and candidates will be presented to the membership soon. New directors will take their positions starting on January 1, 2017.
Director of International Development
Eastern Canada Regional Director
Midwestern U.S. Regional Director
Southwestern U.S. Regional Director